Thursday, August 29, 2013

White Washing Terracotta Tile with Chalk Paint®

I white washed my kitchen table with Chalk Paint® decorative paint in Old White last summer and have been loving the look...


And I've been wanting to paint my terra cotta tile floors ever since. I have loved having them throughout my kitchen, laundry room and sunroom for their practical use, but am not loving the color!


It's just a little too red for me so, I have been thinking of using Chalk Paint® in a wash of Old White. 


I tested the color on this sample and like what I am seeing. (It's not quite as pink as it looks here.)The question then was, should I apply Annie's Lacquer over it to protect. I asked the experts at the Annie Sloan Unfolded FB page and the answer was YES! 

This is a BIG project so I plan on painting my kitchen first and will post the results. Keep your fingers crossed!!



Happy Painting!  Rachel


Chalk Paint® and supplies are available at my two shops:
4323 Irvington Rd., Irvington, VA and 
19 S. Belmont Ave. (in the heart of Carytown), Richmond, VA
For directions to either shop, click HERE

To see more tips, tutorials and photos: Paintbrush and Pearls