Thursday, September 5, 2013

Chalk Paint® Color Wheel


I love to discuss the versatility and ability to mix Annie Sloan's colors - all 31 of which can be lightened, darkened, mixed together, layered, the possibilities are endless!

Here, I mixed the newest Chalk Paint® color English Yellow with Old White for a soft creamier yellow for the base coat, then I layered with French Linen and waxed with a mix of Pure White and Clear Soft Wax.


I especially like to mix her colors with Old White or Pure White to lighten them or to layer as I have done below with English Yellow and French Linen (one of my all time favorites).


It's amazing how many variations you can create with just two colors (and Clear and Dark Soft Wax).


Mix two complimentary colors together, for example, English Yellow and Aubusson Blue to get a lovely green. English Yellow and French Linen together gives a beautiful grey/green.

Won't you join me at my next Chalk Paint® Class in Richmond on September 17th, to learn more about Annie's Colors?

The Class is complimentary, but please call 804-562-8326 to sign up.

P.S. - NEW RICHMOND STORE HOURS:
          Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri: 10 to 6
          Thu: 10 to 8
          Sat: 10 to 4
          Sun: 12 to 4


Happy Painting!  Rachel


Chalk Paint® and supplies are available at my two shops:
4323 Irvington Rd., Irvington, VA and 
19 S. Belmont Ave. (in the heart of Carytown), Richmond, VA
For directions to either shop, click HERE

To see more tips, tutorials and photos: Paintbrush and Pearls


Want to see more?

FACEBOOK |  PINTEREST  |  BROCANTE HOME BLOG  |  PAINTBRUSH AND PEARLS BLOG