Thursday, March 27, 2014

Learning a new Chalk Paint® Technique - Frottage

One of the things that I really like about using Chalk Paint® are the dozens of different ways the paint can be used. Although I tend to use the "basic" techniques most often, I am always eager to learn a new one! So, when Annie (in her latest blog), spoke about "Frottage", I was intrigued. 


What is Frottage? It is a textured look frequently found in Swedish homes, caused partly by how the paint peels away from the surface over time. This technique can be used on furniture and walls as well (think I would really like this effect on a wall).

Annie reveals how to achieve this look in her latest blog HERE. There is also a great step-by-step in Annie's book, Color Recipes which we have at both shops and our ONLINE SHOP.

I can't wait to try this myself - I'll let you know how it turns out!

Happy Painting!   Rachel




Chalk Paint® and supplies are available at my two shops:
4323 Irvington Rd., Irvington, VA and 
19 S. Belmont Ave. (in the heart of Carytown), Richmond, VA

To see more tips, tutorials, photos: Paintbrush and Pearls

Want to see more? Find Rachel on:

SHOP ONLINE  |  FACEBOOK  |  PINTEREST  |  BLOG  TWITTER